Re: [6lowpan] How to find the mailbox? (related to"Advertizeon Behalf")

"Noriyuki SATO" <sato652@oki.com> Thu, 31 March 2011 12:11 UTC

From: Noriyuki SATO <sato652@oki.com>
To: "'Pascal Thubert (pthubert)'" <pthubert@cisco.com>, 'Jonathan Hui' <jonhui@cisco.com>, 'Richard Kelsey' <richard.kelsey@ember.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 21:13:02 +0900
Cc: cabo@tzi.org, 6lowpan@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [6lowpan] How to find the mailbox? (related to"Advertizeon Behalf")

+1
A mailbox mechanism for the sleeping node described in this thread should be
treated in the link layer as Jonathan indicated. The IEEE802.15.4e treats
what low energy mode is enabled, how long duty cycle is etc. and also
current IEEE802.15.4 has mode of operation direct transmission and indirect
transmission. If another L2 protocol addresses sleeping nodes, it should
also address such kind of mechanism in the L2 layer.
But a buffer (aka queue) as implemented in a normal router may be
implemented also in 6LR or 6LBR. Pascal indicated about ECN but we can
implement RED and it can work also for UDP for an easy solution.
I'm not sure the CORE WG is appropriate place to discuss a congestion
control mechanism to solve the issue in LLN since I'm afraid that it should
be discussed some place in transport area.

---
OKI Electric Industry Co., Ltd.
Noriyuki Sato (sato652@oki.com)
Tel +81-6-6260-0700