[Forces-protocol] querry message (path vs attribute)

Jamal Hadi Salim <hadi@znyx.com> Sat, 23 October 2004 19:15 UTC

From: Jamal Hadi Salim <hadi@znyx.com>
To: Robert Haas <rha@zurich.ibm.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 15:12:26 -0400
Cc: "Khosravi, Hormuzd M" <hormuzd.m.khosravi@intel.com>, ram.gopal@nokia.com, Weiming Wang <wmwang@mail.hzic.edu.cn>, forces-protocol@ietf.org, avri@psg.com, Ligang Dong <donglg@mail.hzic.edu.cn>
Subject: [Forces-protocol] querry message (path vs attribute)
Sender: forces-protocol-bounces@ietf.org

I think we need to add a definition for attribute.
As far as iam concerned there is no such thing as a "attribute ID".
What you specify is a path similar to an OID. Whether that path
happens to be on an attribute, a table, an entry is not important
because that wuill be the lement you are pointing to.
so lets remove this from the query section

-----
       Editorial Note:  There is a debate on whether we should use a
                        'Path' or simply an 'Attribute ID' or a 'Table
                        ID' here at the protocol layer.  A Path is used
                        for data indexing for a table, while an
                        'Attribute ID' or a 'Table ID' only specify
                        which attribute or table to use, leaving table
                        index to be included in followed data.
----

cheers,
jamal