Re: IESG Statement on surprised authors

Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> Sat, 30 May 2015 13:24 UTC

Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 15:24:30 +0200
From: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
To: ietf@ietf.org
Subject: Re: IESG Statement on surprised authors

Since I believe that IESG statements are useful for documenting what the
IESG thinks it will do in specific sitiuations, I like them to be as
precise as possible, and as free as possible from text that:

- Doesn't help identifying which case it is talking about
- Doesn't help specifying what the IESG thinks it will do.

This statement is about "surprised authors". (I like the phrase, it's
memorable.)
Acknowledgements sections are a different matter, and thus the
parenthetical remark about them falls clearly under the scope of
"removable material" above.

Let's get rid of it. If the IESG wants to say something about
acknowledgements sections, let them write another note.

(And: Thanks to the IESG for getting a statement out!)