Re: ISSN for RFC Series under Consideration

Nevil Brownlee <n.brownlee@auckland.ac.nz> Thu, 22 May 2008 15:32 UTC

From: Nevil Brownlee <n.brownlee@auckland.ac.nz>
Subject: Re: ISSN for RFC Series under Consideration
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 10:16:42 +1200
To: Melinda Shore <mshore@cisco.com>
Cc: Working Group Chairs <wgchairs@ietf.org>, IAB <iab@ietf.org>, IETF Discussion <ietf@ietf.org>, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, IAOC <iaoc@ietf.org>, RFC Editor <rfc-editor@rfc-editor.org>
Sender: ietf-bounces@ietf.org

Hi all:

In a former life I published a Theatre Technology newsletter; we got an
ISSN for it, as a result two libraries asked for copies of each issue so
that they could archive them.  That was the only effect.

So, I agree with Melinda - it's worth getting an ISSN, and recognition
from the Library world, but it's unlikely to have any other effect.

Cheers, Nevil

  Nevil Brownlee                    Computer Science Department | ITS
  Phone: +64 9 373 7599 x88941             The University of Auckland
  FAX: +64 9 373 7453   Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand