Re: [RAI] RAI reorganization

"DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <drage@alcatel-lucent.com> Thu, 05 February 2009 14:30 UTC

From: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <drage@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: "James M. Polk" <jmpolk@cisco.com>, Henry Sinnreich <hsinnrei@adobe.com>, Jon Peterson <jon.peterson@neustar.biz>, "rai@ietf.org" <rai@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 15:29:23 +0100
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [RAI] RAI reorganization

This is part of the discussion that Robert was tring to get going at the last SIP meeting, with no real consensus. I suggest not having this thread on RAI.

James said

> Also... IMO -- as useful as 3265 is, I'm not sure SUB/NOT
> should be mandated for any and every implementation that
> wants to claim to be *this new (merged) RFC number*
> compliant, and have some customer ask for proof.
>
> now, I could be wrong here...

If I follow tha argument, we should also pull INVITE into a separate document. There is no reason why all UAs need to support it.

Keith