[rrg] Recommendation and what happens next

Robin Whittle <rw@firstpr.com.au> Sun, 07 March 2010 02:42 UTC

Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 13:42:25 +1100
From: Robin Whittle <rw@firstpr.com.au>
To: RRG <rrg@irtf.org>
Subject: [rrg] Recommendation and what happens next

Hi Tony,

Maybe I missed something on the mailing list, but I only just
realised from the agenda of the next meeting:

  http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/irtf/trac/wiki/RRGagendaAnaheim

that the Recommendation is to be discussed all day then.  In "FW:
I-D Action:draft-irtf-rrg-recommendation-06.txt" you wrote:

> This is hopefully the last draft prior to the meeting.  If you need further
> changes, we have about 49 hours before the deadline.  Please send email.
>
> No, the recommendation is NOT in the text yet.  Yes, we will be able to make
> further modifications to the document after the meeting, but this should
> largely be confined to editorial and non-substantive corrections.

Can you explain what happens next?

Is the Recommendation to be discussed on the mailing list between
now and the meeting?  Will it be discussed after the meeting, and
if so for how long?

Do you judge consensus regarding the Recommendation at the meeting
or on the list?

Is there an absolute deadline for finalising the RRG Report?

What happens once it is finalised?  I understand the IESG will
consider it.  Will the question of what to do next - which, if
any, architectures are to be developed in the IETF - be discussed
on the IETF list and/or the RRG list?

I assume the RRG itself will continue, at least in the form of an
email list, until the IESG's decision.

  - Robin