Re: [rrg] Next topic?

Katsushi Kobayashi <ikob@riken.jp> Fri, 13 May 2011 02:53 UTC

From: Katsushi Kobayashi <ikob@riken.jp>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 11:52:58 +0900
To: rrg@irtf.org
Subject: Re: [rrg] Next topic?

Hi,

I would like point out another requirement from HPC. According to
DOE target of Exascale computing, the top HPC system will be
comprise 100K or 1M nodes. And each node will interconnected
with 2TB/s or 250GB/s BW.

http://www.er.doe.gov/ascr/ascac/Meetings/Mar10/AWhite.pdf

I am not sure whether the system will choose regular direct
interconnection network such as 3-D torus, or irregular indirect
network. DCN/DCI requirements clearly meet the later system.
Even in case of direct interconnection, I believe some topology
finding mechanism will be strongly required for optimal
performance and for operation.

----
Katsushi Kobayashi