Re: [sidr] request for agenda items for interim meeting 6 Jun

Matt Lepinski <mlepinski@bbn.com> Wed, 30 May 2012 17:18 UTC

Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 13:18:30 -0400
From: Matt Lepinski <mlepinski@bbn.com>
To: sidr@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [sidr] request for agenda items for interim meeting 6 Jun

Roque,

Yes, there has been some confusion about AS4_Path, I think my text in
the protocol draft (both the current version, but especially in previous
versions) is in part responsible for this.

I agree that even if we included AS_Path in BGPSEC update messages
BGPSEC speakers MUST support 4-byte AS numbers and so there would never
be any reason to include AS4_Path. My apologies for lack of clarity in
the spec, I'll attempt to remove any lingering ambiguity in the next
update to the draft.

- Matt Lepinski