Re: [sidr] WGLC: draft-ietf-sidr-origin-ops

"George, Wes" <wesley.george@twcable.com> Mon, 31 October 2011 13:53 UTC

From: "George, Wes" <wesley.george@twcable.com>
To: Shane Amante <shane@castlepoint.net>, Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 09:53:27 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "sidr@ietf.org" <sidr@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [sidr] WGLC: draft-ietf-sidr-origin-ops

Randy, I think I know why you keep calling me Shane - we tend to raise similar concerns on your drafts ;-)

See also http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sidr/current/msg03408.html
Shane articulates it better, but consider this a +1 on his comments regarding the -12 proposed text. The only other place I could see this background info being is in the design rationale draft, which could then be referenced from this document. Otherwise, this is critical guidance for operators trying to determine the best way to implement this in their networks.

Ditto for the 4-6 hour recommendation and Danny's comments. Rationale, please.

Wes