Re: problem with recent drafts on tools.ietf.org? {35440727}

Henrik Levkowetz <henrik@levkowetz.com> Wed, 10 March 2021 11:02 UTC

To: Fred Baker <fredbaker.ietf@gmail.com>, Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>
Cc: Working Chairs <wgchairs@ietf.org>
From: Henrik Levkowetz <henrik@levkowetz.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 12:02:21 +0100
Subject: Re: problem with recent drafts on tools.ietf.org? {35440727}

Hi Fred,

Someone alerted me to this.  I don't read any IETF lists any more, so
needed the nudge:

On 2021-03-04 20:15, Fred Baker wrote:

>> On Mar 3, 2021, at 3:54 PM, Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net> wrote:
>>
>> Well this is a troubling response -- does anyone know if there's
>> plans for tools.ietf.org? I would have thought that some thought
>> would be given to this and maybe some announcement made to the
>> IETF. Did I miss it??? Are we just destined to the whims of bit
>> rot?
>
> I think there was an announcement that Henrik was leaving, and I
> certainly knew that there was a conflict between him and DMS/Glen's
> work.

There has been no conflict between me and AMS/Glen, none at all.  There
has been a great deal of conflict with the way the LLC Board and Jay
has been running things and what they have put me through, and I'm deeply
unhappy with them, but not at all with AMS or Glen.

The latest incident was with Jay at the beginning of February, after
the end of my contract but at a time when I was still committed to
maintaining tools.ietf.org as I have been doing it.  That February
encounter did however completely zap my motivation for keeping
tools.ietf.org up, and I now just want to be able to get completely
away from it.

It used to give me great pleasure, thanks to the appreciation of all
the good people in the IETF community, but now after the latest Jay
incident it only reminds me of the pain of last year.

Best regards,

	Henrik