Re: [codec] draft test and processing plan for the IETF Codec

Paul Coverdale <coverdale@sympatico.ca> Sun, 17 April 2011 01:25 UTC

From: Paul Coverdale <coverdale@sympatico.ca>
To: 'Koen Vos' <koen.vos@skype.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 21:25:04 -0400
Cc: codec@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [codec] draft test and processing plan for the IETF Codec

Hi Koen and Jean-Marc,

The filtering described in the test plan is not meant to be for anti-aliassing, it is there to establish a common bandwidth (and equalization characteristic in some cases) for the audio chain (be it NB, WB, SWB) so that subjects can focus on comparing the distortion introduced by each of the codecs in the test, without confounding it with bandwidth effects.

Regards,

...Paul