Re: [Ecrit] country specific emergency URNs

"Aleksiev, Vasil" <Vasil.Aleksiev@t-mobile.at> Mon, 10 July 2017 09:31 UTC

From: "Aleksiev, Vasil" <Vasil.Aleksiev@t-mobile.at>
To: "ecrit@ietf.org" <ecrit@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 11:31:33 +0200
acceptlanguage: en-US, de-AT
Subject: Re: [Ecrit] country specific emergency URNs

Hi to all,

In my first bullet regarding unique emergency URN I have given the example with differences between IMS and CS and to show that emergency numbers are handled differently and also to show the roaming treatment. For every emergency number defined by regulator it is needed to have sos domain. Sos triggers the respective routing with emergency category and this is different from the CS treatment where some numbers currently are not handled as emergency and detected as such on a later stage. I am glad to understand that this is also the view of ECRIT and for every emergency service defined by local law there shall be sos definition.

In my second bullet regarding difficulties of consolidating services in different nations I have given examples of 142 – Telefonseelsorge (telephone soul care), 106 – Mental problems hotline. Just looking to the names - the services look quite similar, so how these two services will be named under sos? Sos.soulcare and sos.mentalhealth?
197 – Terror Alert – Child Alert in France – I suppose the name shall be sos.terror-child? I think somebody from France should explain the specifics regarding this emergency service.
114- Child emergency in Italy – here is easy – sos.children.

In my third bullet regarding counselling services in one country considered as emergency in other I have given examples of 147 and +498001110333. I suppose 147 (emergency service for children and youth) shall be sos.children-and-youth. The service does not have the same name as 114- child emergency in Italy. +498001110333 shall be counseling.children.

In my fourth bullet regarding the will of the local regulator – I fully agree that the urns may even look like sos.1, sos.2, sos.3, sos.4 … But the problem might be that the local regulator does not think so. Till now in Austria there is no law regarding routing of IMS emergency calls, but when it is written it could be written inside that urns shall be sos.telefonseelsorge, sos.kinder.147.

I see a problem with that I am not authorized to make registrations regarding emergency URNs – I am not representing the regulator or the other operators in the respective countries.
Of course I could try to define sos.children and I agree that this will be enough, but if the regulator later decides that this is not ok?

Best regards,

Vasil