Re: [Idnet] Intelligence-Defined Network Architecture and Call for Interests

김민석 <mskim16@etri.re.kr> Tue, 28 March 2017 23:04 UTC

From: 김민석 <mskim16@etri.re.kr>
To: Brian Njenga <iambrianmuhia@gmail.com>, Jérôme François <jerome.francois@inria.fr>, Oscar Mauricio Caicedo Rendon <omcaicedo@unicauca.edu.co>, Sheng Jiang <jiangsheng@huawei.com>
CC: "idnet@ietf.org" <idnet@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 23:04:29 +0000
x-originating-ip: [129.254.28.42]
Subject: Re: [Idnet] Intelligence-Defined Network Architecture and Call for Interests

Hi Brian,

As you mentioned by the prior email, anticipating network DDos attacks is really trendy issue to solve by ML techniques.

We also make some efforts how to avoid fagile nodes by a trustworthy communication, that means quantifying trustworthiness of node with normalization of various requirements such as security function, bandwidth and etc.

We are freshly approaching in routing layer with confidence using our own requirements, TPD(Trust Policy Distribution) and TD(Trust Degree). These requirements are considered to be solved by Reinforcement Learning (RL) that is one of the ML algorithms. RL is useful to control some of network policy about specific actions and states with reinforced and purnished rewards (+/-), but the problem is too slow to acquire satisified performance. Other ways to say it, anormaly dectection and regression analysis might be both efficient approaching methods to solve the issues Dave mentioned.

Best Regards,

Min-Suk Kim

Senior Researcher / Ph.D.
Intelligent IoE Network Research Section,
Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI)
e-mail          :  mskim16@etri.re.kr<mailto:nskim@etri.re.kr>
http://www.etri.re.kr/

보낸 사람 : "Brian Njenga" <iambrianmuhia@gmail.com>
보낸 날짜 : 2017-03-29 03:38:49 ( +09:00 )
받는 사람 : Jérôme François <jerome.francois@inria.fr>, Oscar Mauricio Caicedo Rendon <omcaicedo@unicauca.edu.co>, Sheng Jiang <jiangsheng@huawei.com>
참조 : idnet@ietf.org <idnet@ietf.org>
제목 : Re: [Idnet] Intelligence-Defined Network Architecture and Call for Interests

Got it, thanks! Great response. What other research questions do people have?