RE: Online Certificate Revocation Protocol

"Carlin Covey" <ccovey@cylink.com> Fri, 08 June 2001 01:47 UTC

From: Carlin Covey <ccovey@cylink.com>
To: hansenw@ece.ubc.ca, madwolf@openca.org
Cc: ietf-pkix@imc.org
Subject: RE: Online Certificate Revocation Protocol
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 18:18:02 -0700
Sender: owner-ietf-pkix@mail.imc.org

Massimiliano,

If you are interested in a protocol that indicates whether a
certificate has been revoked, then the OCSP document that Hansen
referred you to is appropriate.  You can get it at
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2560.txt)

Version 2 of the OCSP protocol is described in an Internet Draft
available at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-ocspv2-02.txt

Simple Certificate Validation Protocol is another candidate.  You
can get the latest version of this at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-scvp-05.txt

But none of these allow a certificate to be revoked. I gather that
you are interested in a protocol for requesting revocation of certificates.
Check out CMP, available at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-rfc2510bis-04.txt

Regards,

Carlin