Re: [Roll] New proposed charter

Randy Turner <rturner@amalfisystems.com> Fri, 11 December 2015 16:31 UTC

Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 11:31:21 -0500
From: Randy Turner <rturner@amalfisystems.com>
To: Ines Robles <mariainesrobles@googlemail.com>, Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks <roll@ietf.org>
Cc: Michael Richardson <mcr+ietf@sandelman.ca>
Subject: Re: [Roll] New proposed charter

Hi Ines,

We might want to consider rolling items from 6553, 6551, etc. back into an overall “RPL Protocol” RFC – not everything, but items that we have found in implementation to be a requirement for a workable RPL implementation.

It would make it easier for implementers to have fewer docs to read and understand – I could come up with a few examples in a future email. Some of what I'm talking about would be the IP-in-IP stuff, as well as extension headers.

Also, I would like to consider other options for routing besides strictly storing and non-storing, or mixed storing/non-storing

Also, re-visiting the recent DAO/DAO-ACK discussions and possibly clarifying behavior (as alluded to by Csaba in an earlier email)

Randy