Re: [DNSOP] AS112 for TLDs

John Crain <john.crain@icann.org> Tue, 27 November 2007 17:58 UTC

From: John Crain <john.crain@icann.org>
To: Joe Baptista <baptista@publicroot.org>
Subject: Re: [DNSOP] AS112 for TLDs
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 09:58:29 -0800
Cc: Phil Regnauld <regnauld@catpipe.net>, dnsop@ietf.org

Hi Joe,

It is exactly reflective of traffic as seen at l.root-servers.net and
measured by DSC.  there is no trickery, plots or evil schemes involved.

Shame that your paranoia gets the better of you;)

Those are percentages not queries indeed. Total queries varies between
8Kq/s and 10Kq/s on a normal day.
So you can do the math if you really want to see it by q/s.  Also it
only shows the TOP scores, not all TLDs.

For clarity: The data is from both current and old IPv4 addresses
(Across all instances of L)

I have already spoken to CAIDA about supplying them with L-root data
for future projects and we will be taking part in their "day in the
life of" project
so you should see L-root included in their future analysis.

John L. Crain
Chief Technical Officer
I.C.A.N.N.