Re: Enough is Enough.

John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com> Wed, 21 October 2020 06:39 UTC

Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 02:39:15 -0400
From: John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com>
To: Khaled Omar <eng.khaled.omar@outlook.com>
cc: ietf@ietf.org
Subject: Re: Enough is Enough.

--On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 23:43 +0000 Khaled Omar
<eng.khaled.omar@outlook.com> wrote:

>>> what you expect to accomplish by this request even while
> I recognize that your reasons may have little effect on whether
> or not the request is granted.
>
> To stop working with the ietf completely and take my work
> somewhere else once being found because as the definition of
> insanity to keep trying with the same people and expect a
> different result.

Then, IMO, you should do just that: stop working with the IETF,
stop posting to this list, and go away.  I agree with others
that posting so-called "tombstone" documents so that they are
the first (or only) things found when someone looks for an I-D
would be a good idea but that is up to you.  If you decide to do
such documents and your ideas have evolved even slightly since
those particular I-Ds were posted (or might do so in the
future), you might even include a statement in them that the
ideas they contain are somewhat obsolete and people should
therefore contact you for more and better information.  I don't
think there is anything in the I-D rules that would prevent your
including that bit of advertising.

But, as long as you keep posting to this list (or any other
IETF-sponsored list or list advertised on IETF web pages) you
are, by the IETF's definitions, participating in the IETF (which
is at least close to "working with the IETF") and, logically at
least, your claim that your documents and ideas retroactively
have nothing to do with the IETF gets weaker.

Good luck with your pursuits elsewhere.
     john