Re: [Int-area] Fw: Continuing IPv10 I-D discussion.

Karsten Thomann <karsten_thomann@linfre.de> Fri, 31 March 2017 18:04 UTC

From: Karsten Thomann <karsten_thomann@linfre.de>
To: int-area@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 11:04:38 -0700
Subject: Re: [Int-area] Fw: Continuing IPv10 I-D discussion.

Khaled,

you've already confirmed that your protocol requires changes for nearly all
devices and we told you that it isn't possible to convince many vendor to
support a third protocol.

We all know that IPv6 isn't perfect, but creating an additional protocol isn't
solving any deployment problem with IPv6.

Please stop trying to convince us to further discuss your draft until there is
a major change and a, at leat experimental, implementation from people which
think that your idea is working.

Within the "short" time I'm reading some IETF mailing lists, I can't remember
any draft with such strong opposition.

And I'm now stopping to discuss this draft any further until there are new
arguments.