Re: [pcp] WG Call for Adoption: draft-tsou-pcp-natcoord-09

Tassos Chatzithomaoglou <achatz@forthnetgroup.gr> Sun, 27 January 2013 19:33 UTC

Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 21:33:44 +0200
From: Tassos Chatzithomaoglou <achatz@forthnetgroup.gr>
To: Qiong <bingxuere@gmail.com>
Cc: "pcp@ietf.org" <pcp@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [pcp] WG Call for Adoption: draft-tsou-pcp-natcoord-09

Hi Qiong,

Your proposal seems ok (and agrees with mine), as long as this behavior can be disabled in order to use the default one.

--
Tassos

Qiong wrote on 21/01/2013 16:23:
Dear Tassos,

Thanks for your explaination. I now understand your case.

I think the only difference is the port-set format. The current draft only defines contiguous port-mask format. In order to support your case, we can add an option to convey these individual non-contiguous ports in a single request with PREFER_FAILURE. Then, the PCP server will only reply the client when it can find an available external address to meet all his/her requirements (follow the PREFER_FAILURE option). Is it ok for you ?

Best wishes
Qiong