Re: [trill] Should we make draft-mrw-trill-over-ip-01 a WG document?

Eric Gray <eric.gray@ericsson.com> Mon, 14 May 2012 21:47 UTC

From: Eric Gray <eric.gray@ericsson.com>
To: Donald Eastlake <d3e3e3@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 17:47:16 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "trill@ietf.org" <trill@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [trill] Should we make draft-mrw-trill-over-ip-01 a WG document?

Donald,

	Possibly I am missing something here, but it looks like
you are not being terribly clear.  Either that, or you it may
be that you are being clear terribly.

	:-)

	In saying that the AD has said that the WG needs "to
re-charter to make TRILL over IP a WG draft [SIC]" it is not
clear exactly what this means.  Moreover, in responding to
Sam's request for clarification, you have not made this any
clearer.

	Are you saying:

1) The AD says that this cannot be a WG draft unless the WG
   adds it to the Charter.

2) The AD has instructed us to add this work item to the WG
   Charter, so that work can progress on this draft.

I suspect that what you mean is the former, but what you said
can be interpretted either way, and either way would mean the
question of adopting the draft as a WG draft is moot...

--
Eric