Re: [Autoconf] RFC 5889 (Was: Call for comments to a new AUTOCONF charter proposal)

"Dearlove, Christopher (UK)" <Chris.Dearlove@baesystems.com> Thu, 08 July 2010 08:55 UTC

Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 09:55:24 +0100
thread-topic: [Autoconf] RFC 5889 (Was: Call for comments to a new AUTOCONF charter proposal)
thread-index: AcseHDxCSgd0s+VmRNKyT76dvpiyHAAXhM6Q
From: "Dearlove, Christopher (UK)" <Chris.Dearlove@baesystems.com>
To: Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@piuha.net>, autoconf@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Autoconf] RFC 5889 (Was: Call for comments to a new AUTOCONF charter proposal)

It still seems odd, at the least, to be back at the WG in AUTH48.
But having said that, there are three suggested edits. Bottom line
either version of each is acceptable. There is however a difference
in the third one. The first two are clarifying technical comments.
I'm not sure they really add anything, but they don't hurt. The
third is different though, it changes the actual meaning, from
"this is preferred", to "this is more useful", which are not the
same thing. I think the old version is what got consensus everywhere,
and changing it is a bit more than editorial. But as I said, either
is acceptable in itself.

--
Christopher Dearlove
Technology Leader, Communications Group

BAE Systems (Operations) Limited
Registered Office: Warwick House, PO Box 87,
Farnborough Aerospace Centre, Farnborough, Hants, GU14 6YU, UK
Registered in England & Wales No: 1996687