Re: [Autoconf] RFC 5889 (Was: Call for comments to a new AUTOCONF charter proposal)

Teco Boot <teco@inf-net.nl> Thu, 08 July 2010 07:09 UTC

From: Teco Boot <teco@inf-net.nl>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 09:09:38 +0200
To: Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@piuha.net>
Cc: "autoconf@ietf.org" <autoconf@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Autoconf] RFC 5889 (Was: Call for comments to a new AUTOCONF charter proposal)

My remarks made before.

On the document:
1) IMHO the remarks on link-local are not that important.
2) My biggest problem is the /128 mask, this makes L3 communication dependent
on the MANET protocol, even for nodes with perfect L2 connectivity. Using a
/64 on the MANET interface, and using the /128 for the routing protocol,
does not have this problem. This method is used quite often (at least in some
olsr and ospf implementations).
Issue can be tackled in other documents, e.g. a problem statement, or MANET
addressing version 2.
In other words, try to publish the document soon.

On the charter:
I suggest to accept some documents as WG documents:
 - draft-bernardos-manet-autoconf-survey
 - draft-baccelli-multi-hop-wireless-communication
I support the two-step approach, where the second (getting prefix and optionally
other parameters) will be based on DHCPv6.
I think the first step could be based on SLAAC (ND-approach) and / or DHCPv6.
I say it is to early to decide.
I am against working on a solution based on a single central node.

Regards, Teco

Op 7 jul 2010, om 23:34 heeft Jari Arkko het volgende geschreven: