Re: gmail users read on...

Hector Santos <hsantos@isdg.net> Sun, 14 September 2014 14:12 UTC

From: Hector Santos <hsantos@isdg.net>
Subject: Re: gmail users read on...
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 10:12:21 -0400
To: Ross Finlayson <finlayson@live555.com>

The whole point of using theses alias or junk domains was to help protect your real professional domains and also get around some restrictions or slow down using your professional domain.

However, overtime, these junk domains have become more embedded in people's lives. They are using them more across more services.  It has become a "second life" for many.

I'm old school, so I wonder how it had changed at the corporate level, I.e. Doing work related to your job using external domains.   But times are changing where it can be expected to have some external address, if only to get around some corporate restriction.  Just the other day, I had to use a customer's gmail address to get around an attachment IT filtering delay.  And I also have two subscriptions to this list. One using my non-corporate but professional address and one with gmail.  I had used it to compare acceptance and distribution delays.

--
Hector Santos
http://www.santronics.com