Re: Applying "Note Well" to side meetings

"Scott O. Bradner" <sob@sobco.com> Sun, 21 July 2019 12:02 UTC

Subject: Re: Applying "Note Well" to side meetings
From: "Scott O. Bradner" <sob@sobco.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2019 08:02:26 -0400
Cc: IETF Rinse Repeat <ietf@ietf.org>
To: Richard Barnes <rlb@ipv.sx>

you are entitled to your opinion, of course, but I am speaking as a person who ran the BOF where the specific
text "intended to affect the IETF Standards Process” was developed and agreed to as well as a person who
edited the specific text - it is my opinion that the BOF (and thus the IETF) intended the rules to apply
wherever actions are taken or text developed that are "intended to affect the IETF Standards Process”
in particular, IPR disclosure is required if known

I have no opinion as to the facts of the specific case of ANRW since I have not been following that

Scott