Re: [MEXT] the future of the MEXT working group

<pierrick.seite@orange.com> Fri, 04 November 2011 09:28 UTC

Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 10:28:18 +0100
From: pierrick.seite@orange.com
To: jouni.nospam@gmail.com, jari.arkko@piuha.net
Cc: mext@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [MEXT] the future of the MEXT working group

Hi,

I definitely agree to remove reference to 3GPP. However, I think we need clear use-case to motivate the distribution. As a starting point, we could assume a network architecture relying on the distribution of traffic anchors for local IP access/CDN; then study how to bring mobility support in this context.

> Also, I think we ought not only consider just mobility enhancement. More
> efficient use of CoA(s) for direct/local/non-tunneled communication along
> with existing mobility solutions should be in scope as well.

Actually, this is the idea behind dynamic mobility management described in the charter: use the CoA for IP flow which does not require mobility support. We are inline.

Pierrick