Re: [stir] current draft charter - ENUM and databases

"Wendt, Chris" <Chris_Wendt@cable.comcast.com> Tue, 18 June 2013 18:03 UTC

From: "Wendt, Chris" <Chris_Wendt@cable.comcast.com>
To: Hadriel Kaplan <hadriel.kaplan@oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 18:02:11 +0000
x-originating-ip: [68.87.16.247]
Cc: "stir@ietf.org" <stir@ietf.org>, "Peterson, Jon" <jon.peterson@neustar.biz>, Henning Schulzrinne <hgs@cs.columbia.edu>
Subject: Re: [stir] current draft charter - ENUM and databases

+1
We are very much on-board with the direction of this discussion, DNS lookup is the way we would lean given vendor support for DNS/ENUM vs. HTTP.  I think there is also something to say for keeping a limited scope of DNS as a good thing, vs. the infinite extensibility of HTTP.

Does the current draft charter include this general direction as in scope?