Re: [stir] current draft charter

"Peterson, Jon" <jon.peterson@neustar.biz> Wed, 12 June 2013 18:23 UTC

From: "Peterson, Jon" <jon.peterson@neustar.biz>
To: Henning Schulzrinne <hgs@cs.columbia.edu>, Dave Crocker <dcrocker@bbiw.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 18:22:50 +0000
x-originating-ip: [192.168.128.117]
x-ems-proccessed: R64IxjzeHPwwd+efoj3ZcA==
x-ems-stamp: hndCfVFqq5ICX69N7E6xWQ==
Cc: "stir@ietf.org" <stir@ietf.org>, Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
Subject: Re: [stir] current draft charter

Agreed. Though I do think that even for the domain model, we could get
some value from looking at DANE to improve the way that credentials are
managed. Whether we put the keys in the DNS or just point to the approved
cert by reference, we should probably have some means for the successor to
RFC4474 Identity-Info to tip off relying parties to DANE.

But yes, for the telephone model it seems unlikely that casting these as
domain names will get us very far.

Jon Peterson
Neustar, Inc.