Re: [i2rs] Kathleen Moriarty's No Objection on draft-ietf-i2rs-yang-l3-topology-08: (with COMMENT)

"Susan Hares" <shares@ndzh.com> Thu, 19 January 2017 18:51 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: 'Andy Bierman' <andy@yumaworks.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 13:47:12 -0500
Cc: i2rs@ietf.org, draft-ietf-i2rs-yang-l3-topology@ietf.org, 'Juergen Schoenwaelder' <j.schoenwaelder@jacobs-university.de>, i2rs-chairs@ietf.org, 'Kathleen Moriarty' <Kathleen.Moriarty.ietf@gmail.com>, 'The IESG' <iesg@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [i2rs] Kathleen Moriarty's No Objection on draft-ietf-i2rs-yang-l3-topology-08: (with COMMENT)

Andy:

You are right to comment that – the “flip side of this extensions is that any node not properly tagged must not be SENT”.   The purpose of tagging is devices which test protocol conformation can test these portions of the model.  If buyers demand that these restrictions are followed, then these restrictions will not be ignored.  Like you and Juergen, I really hope that the IESG will very carefully evaluate any I2RS YANG Model that suggest sending data over non-secure transport.

Sue Hares