RE: [IAOC] Badges and blue sheets

Yoav Nir <ynir@checkpoint.com> Tue, 16 November 2010 15:58 UTC

From: Yoav Nir <ynir@checkpoint.com>
To: "'jordi.palet@consulintel.es'" <jordi.palet@consulintel.es>, IETF discussion list <ietf@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 17:58:42 +0200
Subject: RE: [IAOC] Badges and blue sheets
acceptlanguage: en-US

Hi Jordi.

IESG members are nearly full-time. Someone is paying them a salary to be full-time ADs, and that presumably includes travel and registration.

NOC people also have a day job, and while I can get my employer to pay my way to the IETF because I'm working on this or that document, and participating in such-and-such working group, I don't think they would pay for an extra few days for me to run the network at a meeting. So the NOC people really need it.

Yoav