Re: Alternative decision process in RTCWeb

"Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com> Mon, 02 December 2013 03:52 UTC

Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2013 22:52:26 -0500
From: "Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com>
To: "Scott O. Bradner" <sob@sobco.com>, IETF Discussion <ietf@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: Alternative decision process in RTCWeb
Cc: rtcweb-chairs@tools.ietf.org

For Inter-Domain Multicast Routing, there was one working group.  When
it could not converge, both protocols were published as Experimental.
Several years later, well after we knew what had eventuated, we moved
one to the standards track.   (Part of the delay was that the winner
badly needed a rewrite for readability.)

Yours,
Joel