Re: [NSIS] IPR Disclosure: The Trustees of Columbia University in the City of New York's Statement about IPR related to draft-ietf-nsis-tunnel-13

"Georgios Karagiannis" <karagian@cs.utwente.nl> Mon, 06 December 2010 10:50 UTC

From: Georgios Karagiannis <karagian@cs.utwente.nl>
To: 'Jukka Manner' <jukka.manner@tkk.fi>, 'nsis' <nsis@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 11:51:42 +0100
Subject: Re: [NSIS] IPR Disclosure: The Trustees of Columbia University in the City of New York's Statement about IPR related to draft-ietf-nsis-tunnel-13

Hi Jukka, Hi all

Before, deciding on one of the listed options, I would like to know what the
FRAND policies
are if the protocol moves to standards track?

Is it not possible to change the description of the IPR disclosure and use
the
same IETF patent policy as the one used by other companies, e.g., by Cisco?

Best regards,
Georgios