Re: [NSIS] IPR Disclosure: The Trustees of Columbia University in the City of New York's Statement about IPR related to draft-ietf-nsis-tunnel-13

"Georgios Karagiannis" <karagian@cs.utwente.nl> Thu, 09 December 2010 06:54 UTC

To: Calvin Chu <cc2962@columbia.edu>, Al Morton <acmorton@att.com>, Jukka Manner <jukka.manner@tkk.fi>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 06:55:32 +0000
From: Georgios Karagiannis <karagian@cs.utwente.nl>
Bounce-To: "Georgios Karagiannis" <karagian@cs.utwente.nl>
Cc: "nsis@ietf.org" <nsis@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [NSIS] IPR Disclosure: The Trustees of Columbia University in the City of New York's Statement about IPR related to draft-ietf-nsis-tunnel-13

Hi Calvin

Regarding the situation that the document becomes a protocol standard,
could you use instead of the FRAND terms, a similar disclosure statement
as the one that is commonly used in the IETF. For example, below you can
see  a CISCO disclosure statement:

http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/817/

Best regards,
Georgios