RE: [Sip] Support for Multipart/MIME

"Francois Audet" <audet@nortel.com> Wed, 23 May 2007 19:22 UTC

Subject: RE: [Sip] Support for Multipart/MIME
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 14:22:19 -0500
From: Francois Audet <audet@nortel.com>
To: Dan Wing <dwing@cisco.com>, Gonzalo Camarillo <Gonzalo.Camarillo@ericsson.com>
Cc: sip@ietf.org, Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@cisco.com>, "Christer Holmberg (JO/LMF)" <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com>

Hi Dan,

To answer your question about the Multipart usage for ISUP/QSIG
tunnelling.

No, it does not set-up two calls. It sets-up ONE call.

The SDP is mandatory.

The QSIG or ISUP is optional. If supported it provides additional
information for the softswitches for legacy PSTN interop or other
features.
If not it should be safely ignored.

So 3204 operates exactly as it should. Works fine. Has been working fine
for years (except for implementations that have problems with Multipart
MIME,
which has forced the use of B2BUA that strip off these MIME bodies.)