RE: [Sip] Support for Multipart/MIME

"James M. Polk" <jmpolk@cisco.com> Mon, 30 April 2007 18:32 UTC

Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 13:32:21 -0500
To: Francois Audet <audet@nortel.com>, Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com>, IETF SIP List <sip@ietf.org>
From: "James M. Polk" <jmpolk@cisco.com>
Subject: RE: [Sip] Support for Multipart/MIME
DKIM-Signature: v=0.5; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; l=4754; t=1177957949; x=1178821949; c=relaxed/simple; s=sjdkim3002; h=Content-Type:From:Subject:Content-Transfer-Encoding:MIME-Version; d=cisco.com; i=jmpolk@cisco.com; z=From:=20=22James=20M.=20Polk=22=20<jmpolk@cisco.com> |Subject:=20RE=3A=20[Sip]=20Support=20for=20Multipart/MIME |Sender:=20; bh=FMtPNKeD//tjXZ9RrUW2Ng16IsHd+6bIXy5oaj4duuc=; b=HXJxm3suE/FffKvpnVdW8R/LobFKNmQOODbOCM+5cjYpKfJKtjWgHMcGiiM9BoIu22vZ03IT ytp+gEH0BYP15QGE8h5Rs23cBnyW17DTHvdp/3KkvI0FHUDL7UB/Wu2C;

At 01:19 PM 4/30/2007, Francois Audet wrote:
>I agree that we should make support for Multipart/MIME mandatory.
>
>I.e., that you must be able to decapsulate the parts and parse
>the ones you do support.

I agree with addressing Multipart now

A short requirements ID that becomes (no need for separate RFCs) a
solutions doc will flesh all these individual details out (wrt which
multipart needs to be supported (all?), and what to do with the
Content-Disposition header values that may or may not also need to be
accompanying such an extension in the message.