Re: [112attendees] WG followup discussions in gather.town (was: Re: HotRFC Gather followup)

Toerless Eckert <tte@cs.fau.de> Mon, 08 November 2021 16:34 UTC

Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2021 17:34:42 +0100
From: Toerless Eckert <tte@cs.fau.de>
To: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <spencerdawkins.ietf@gmail.com>
Cc: Marc Petit-Huguenin <marc@petit-huguenin.org>, WG Chairs <wgchairs@ietf.org>, 112attendees@ietf.org, Deb Cooley <debcooley1@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [112attendees] WG followup discussions in gather.town (was: Re: HotRFC Gather followup)

Spencer:

"Request For Collaborators" is very nice. Maybe rename from HotRFC to RFCollab or
the like. [Insert standard rant how today, drafts are the real RFC]

I think that the goal of "awareness" at early stages of the document is
good. But i specifically liked the opportunity for actual discssion,
which was new with the gather.town instance vs. prior HotRFC. This may
not be the original intent, but it very worth keeping IMHO.

My point was that the same type of discussions we did have in HotRFC this
time where also core element of WGs on the hallways, and we should try to
also enable them as well.

But right now, i think the mayority of participants are too lazy to
give gather.town enough playtime that they would start to see benefits *sigh*

Cheers
    Toerless