Re: [dnsext] Re: need new flag bit in EDNS, "do me no favours" (DMNF)

"Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com> Tue, 26 October 2010 17:26 UTC

Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 12:21:37 -0500
From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com>
To: Alex Bligh <alex@alex.org.uk>, Paul Vixie <vixie@isc.org>, namedroppers@ops.ietf.org
Subject: Re: [dnsext] Re: need new flag bit in EDNS, "do me no favours" (DMNF)
Cc: Alex Bligh <alex@alex.org.uk>
Sender: owner-namedroppers@ops.ietf.org

Alex and all,

-----Original Message-----

  Great thoughts here, many I share.  Often times, perhaps too
often, policy in intemingled with protocol on more than one level,
if you catch my drift.  Blocking content at the DNS level is IMO
a good place to do it IF it is necessary.  Problem is what content
blocking IS necessary.  The IETF should not involve themselves in such
matters when considering encoding protocols.  So where possible as a
matter of policy, content blocking in some instances should be done
where possible at the App level, not at the protocol level even though
both potentials exist and one MAY have advantages over another depending
on the type of content in consideration.
Regards,
Jeffrey A. Williams
Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 300k members/stakeholders and growing, strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04
Information Network Eng.  INEG. INC.