Re: [Ecrit] IETF ECRIT Design Team on Premature Call Termination

"Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <hannes.tschofenig@nsn.com> Tue, 07 October 2008 06:41 UTC

Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 09:41:25 +0300
From: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <hannes.tschofenig@nsn.com>
To: ext Ted Hardie <hardie@qualcomm.com>, Brian Rosen <br@brianrosen.net>, Henning Schulzrinne <hgs@cs.columbia.edu>, Hannes Tschofenig <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net>
Cc: ECRIT <ecrit@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Ecrit] IETF ECRIT Design Team on Premature Call Termination
Sender: ecrit-bounces@ietf.org

Hi Ted,

>I do not believe we have WG consensus on that document; John
>Hearty had comments on it, as did Keith Drage and James Polk
>(at least judging by the thread "Let's make some decisions
>regarding draft-rosen-ecrit-premature-disconnect-reqmts",
>which is the only one discussing I find in my personal
>archives).  None of those seems to have been addressed; nor
>have the comments I made on the issue in Dublin.  These were
>minuted, and Hannes copied the relevant minutes to the list
>under the title "Premature Disconnect (feedback from the meeting)".

We don't have consensus on
draft-rosen-ecrit-premature-disconnect-rqmts-00.txt
We are going to discuss the feedback to that document (during the past
IETF meeting) and also those posted to the list.

>Is the design team, then, going to work with Brian to settle
>the requirements?  Because if we don't have consensus on the
>requirements, the design team seems to have a hard row to hoe.

My plan was to start with the terminology. When we know what we will
look at the requirements.
After we understood the requirements then we will report back to the
group and figure out what todo next.
If we come to the conclusion that the requirements are not
accomplishable or that we have all the necessary tools already then we
next steps are easy.

Does this help?

Ciao
Hannes