Re: [Ecrit] IETF ECRIT Design Team on Premature Call Termination

"DRAGE, Keith \(Keith\)" <drage@alcatel-lucent.com> Wed, 08 October 2008 18:46 UTC

Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 20:46:12 +0200
From: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <drage@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: Brian Rosen <br@brianrosen.net>, Ted Hardie <hardie@qualcomm.com>, Henning Schulzrinne <hgs@cs.columbia.edu>, Marc Linsner <mlinsner@cisco.com>
Cc: ECRIT <ecrit@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Ecrit] IETF ECRIT Design Team on Premature Call Termination
Sender: ecrit-bounces@ietf.org

Speaking as an amateur who has been working in the telecommunication
industry for 30 years:

There are multiple interests to balance here, and the PSAP provider is
only one of these.

Emergency calls do not override other telecommunication needs, the user
may need to make another call, the telecommunications operator may need
the resources for other purposes, etc. Different regulators specify
different things.

Regards

Keith