Re: A contribution to ongoing terminology work

Dan Harkins <dharkins@lounge.org> Wed, 07 April 2021 03:41 UTC

Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2021 20:41:25 -0700
From: Dan Harkins <dharkins@lounge.org>
Subject: Re: A contribution to ongoing terminology work
To: Lloyd W <lloyd.wood@yahoo.co.uk>

On 4/6/21 8:02 PM, Lloyd W wrote:
> Really, Dan?

   Really Lloyd?

> "if you have to spend your time telling everyone how moral, polite, and educated you are it's probably because you're not."
>

> or it's perhaps because you are facing some difficult questions about two bigoted, not very well thought out, and frankly racist anonymous drafts that you didn't know of or write but are now being associated with, and dealing with those questions and clearly setting yourself apart from those anonymous drafts, by demonstrating how moral, polite, and educated you are, is exactly how you spent your Easter weekend.

   Is this because you got called out by the SAA? You have to show everyone
that you're on the right side now? You're on the team that calls people
they disagree with bigots and racists? How sad.

   There was nothing bigoted or racist about my drafts. It was satire. It
just wasn't very good satire.

   And what's this "anonymous drafts that you didn't know of or write but
are now being associated with." I actually said, in an email to you (!!!),
that I wrote them. Now you're trying to make some mystery about their
origin or imply that I'm setting myself apart from them? What the hell?

   I also didn't say I was moral, polite, or educated. You've got it
exactly backwards.

   Not really sure why you're constructing this fiction....

   Also, before you start commenting on how I spent my Easter weekend, maybe
spend some time reflecting on what you did (get called out for by the SAA
for "unprofessional commentary"). Sort of like the pot calling the kettle
a utensil of color.

> Your loud and frankly not very well thought-out public opinions need to be evaluated in light of your previous furtive actions, "Lester White". Your apology cannot be accepted.

   Well no apology was offered. You're refusing to accept an offer of
nothing. Bully for you.

   Dan.

--
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to
escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius