Re: [sidr] WG acceptance call for draft-ymbk-rpki-grandparenting

"Murphy, Sandra" <Sandra.Murphy@sparta.com> Thu, 08 November 2012 14:57 UTC

From: "Murphy, Sandra" <Sandra.Murphy@sparta.com>
To: Andy Newton <andy@arin.net>, Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 14:57:12 +0000
x-originating-ip: [157.185.63.137]
Cc: "sidr@ietf.org" <sidr@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [sidr] WG acceptance call for draft-ymbk-rpki-grandparenting

>Thank you for clarifying this. For confirmation, in the future any draft
>put forward to SIDR that generates "interest" but not necessarily rough
>consensus will be admitted as a working group document. Is that correct?

The point of a call for adoption is to see if the working group is interested in working on a topic, not to achieve consensus on content.  Calls for adoption are not (supposed) to discuss content.

Are you sure you are not thinking of wglc, where consensus on the content is needed?

And I said it generated "a first storm of discussion", not "interest".

--Sandy