Re: [sidr] WG acceptance call for draft-ymbk-rpki-grandparenting

"Murphy, Sandra" <Sandra.Murphy@sparta.com> Thu, 08 November 2012 15:54 UTC

From: "Murphy, Sandra" <Sandra.Murphy@sparta.com>
To: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 15:54:15 +0000
x-originating-ip: [157.185.63.137]
Cc: "sidr@ietf.org" <sidr@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [sidr] WG acceptance call for draft-ymbk-rpki-grandparenting

>>Calls for adoption are not (supposed) to discuss content.
>
>Thanks for that clarification. The IETF is a deliberative body, and I was
>under the impression that discussion at any point in the process, though
>not optimal, was acceptable. I did not realize SIDR had deviated.

I did not say discussion was prohibited.  That "supposed" is as in "supposedly".

Calls for adoption are to indicate interest in working on a topic.  The intent of a call for adoption is not consensus on the content.  Review of the content is not the purpose of a call for adoption.

I know I've said something like this before in calls for adoption.  This should not be a surprise.

--Sandy