Re: [Autoconf] Call for comments to a new AUTOCONF charter proposal.

"Dearlove, Christopher (UK)" <Chris.Dearlove@baesystems.com> Wed, 30 June 2010 09:25 UTC

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 10:25:48 +0100
thread-topic: [Autoconf] Call for comments to a new AUTOCONF charter proposal.
thread-index: AcsX2aHhuWHRNnPXRVGeAZxFbxWbxwAWzXJQ
From: "Dearlove, Christopher (UK)" <Chris.Dearlove@baesystems.com>
To: Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@piuha.net>
Cc: autoconf@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Autoconf] Call for comments to a new AUTOCONF charter proposal.

Just a brief comment for the moment. My current thoughts in ad hoc
nedworks relate to security. And I think the interactions of security
and address configuration will turn out to be critical. There are
numerous solutions to address configuration that turn out to be
pointless when combined with security configuration issues. I'm
interested in more than just "assume all nodes have a shared secret
X unknown to anyone else".

--
Christopher Dearlove
Technology Leader, Communications Group

BAE Systems (Operations) Limited
Registered Office: Warwick House, PO Box 87,
Farnborough Aerospace Centre, Farnborough, Hants, GU14 6YU, UK
Registered in England & Wales No: 1996687