Re: [Softwires] I-D Action: draft-ietf-softwire-lw4over6-06.txt

"ian Farrer" <ianfarrer@gmx.com> Wed, 12 March 2014 08:08 UTC

Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 09:08:16 +0100
From: ian Farrer <ianfarrer@gmx.com>
To: Ole Troan <otroan@employees.org>
Cc: Softwires-wg <softwires@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Softwires] I-D Action: draft-ietf-softwire-lw4over6-06.txt

Hi Ole,

OK, hopefully a final cut of the wording.

Cheers,
Ian

-----
In lw4o6, a number of lw4o6 specific configuration parameters must be
provisioned to the lwB4. These are:

 o IPv6 Address for the lwAFTR

 o IPv4 External (Public) Address for NAPT44

 o Restricted port-set to use for NAPT44

 o IPv6 Binding Prefix

For DHCPv6 based configuration of these parameters, the lwB4 SHOULD
implement OPTION_S46_CONT_LW as described in section 6.3 of
[I-D.ietf-softwire-map-dhcp]. This means that the lifetime of the
softwire and the derived configuration information (e.g. IPv4 shared
address, IPv4 address) is bound to the lifetime of the DHCPv6 lease.
If stateful IPv4 configuration or additional IPv4 configuration
information is required, DHCPv4 [RFC2131] must be used.

Although it would be possible to extend lw4o6 to have more than one active
lw4o6 tunnel configured simultaneously, this document is only concerned with
the use of a single tunnel.

On receipt of the necessary configuration parameters, the lwB4 performs a
longest prefix match between the IPv6 binding prefix and its currently active
IPv6 prefixes. The result forms the subnet to be used for sourcing the
lw4o6 tunnel. The full /128 prefix is then constructed in the same manner as
[I-D.ietf-softwire-map].
---