Re: [Drip] Fwd: ADSB

Robert Moskowitz <rgm@labs.htt-consult.com> Tue, 11 July 2023 13:03 UTC

Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2023 09:03:05 -0400
From: Robert Moskowitz <rgm@labs.htt-consult.com>
To: Alexandre PETRESCU <alexandre.petrescu@cea.fr>, "tm-rid@ietf.org" <tm-rid@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Drip] Fwd: ADSB

One more point on ADS-B capacity.

FAA estimates 1.4M UA flying now in the USA.  Embry-Riddle Aviation U
has studies showing it is at least double that.  UA traffic ERAU has
already measured at some major airports would swamp ADS-B capacity at
those airports.

And 2^24 is only 16M?  And the way that space is carved up no where
close to that capacity.

--
Standard Robert Moskowitz
Owner

There's no limit to what can be accomplished if it doesn't matter who
gets the credit