Re: WG meeting structure

Ole Troan <otroan@employees.org> Wed, 15 May 2019 11:12 UTC

Subject: Re: WG meeting structure
From: Ole Troan <otroan@employees.org>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2019 13:12:49 +0200
Cc: Pete Resnick <resnick@episteme.net>, IETF WG Chairs <wgchairs@ietf.org>
To: Russ Housley <housley@vigilsec.com>

> This was offered as an alternate setup a few meetings ago, and as WG chair, it did not work well.  No matter where I sat, many people were behind me, so I could not tell when people wanted to speak.  Also, the back row filled before the seats at the table.

My suggestions was that the people at the table would switch per presentation. So you only had people at the table that was prepared and have a stake and interest in the document. I think you could combine active discussion with a microphone queue (local/remote) too.
And if there was no-one walking to the table for a given document, then well, then that's a glaring show of consensus to drop.

Ole