Re: WG meeting structure

Ole Troan <otroan@employees.org> Wed, 15 May 2019 07:16 UTC

Subject: Re: WG meeting structure
From: Ole Troan <otroan@employees.org>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2019 09:16:36 +0200
Cc: Pete Resnick <resnick@episteme.net>, wgchairs@ietf.org
To: Valery Smyslov <valery@smyslov.net>

The current microphone line isn't as much a discussion as it is a serialized set of independent one way comments.
Allowing for a 1:1 exchange between the presenter/author and the commentor.

I like Pete's proposal.
I would run it so that who had the "hot seats" were reshuffled per presentation/topic.
It might require more preparation ahead of time. A clearer definition of open issues to discuss, and perhaps some prepping of individuals to encourage them to take the  seats for particular topics.

I think it would foster a much more healthy active participation, and also be a good block for documents that have few supporters apart from the authors, but also few opponents.

Ole