Re: [85attendees] are we in meeting rooms or freezers ?

Derek Atkins <DAtkins@mocana.com> Tue, 06 November 2012 21:03 UTC

From: Derek Atkins <DAtkins@mocana.com>
To: "mary.h.barnes@gmail.com" <mary.h.barnes@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 13:00:57 -0800
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "85attendees@ietf.org" <85attendees@ietf.org>, "ietf-secretariat@ietf.org" <ietf-secretariat@ietf.org>, "jordi.palet@consulintel.es" <jordi.palet@consulintel.es>
Subject: Re: [85attendees] are we in meeting rooms or freezers ?

Please keep in mind that Atlanta is also called "Hotlanta" for a reason.
There is a significant portion of the year where the city is overly hot
and extremely muggy.  As a result the buildings are designed to take the
95F/95% days and keep the insides comfortable.  This implies the Air
Conditioning is overly powerful.  Heat, on the other hand, isn't used as
often, mostly because people are good heat sources and more often than
not you have large crowds and still need to remove heat, even when it's
chillier outside.

-derek