Re: [Softwires] [Softwire] draft-ietf-softwire-map-00 does NOT reflect the consensus from the WG

Rémi Després <despres.remi@laposte.net> Mon, 25 June 2012 15:28 UTC

From: Rémi Després <despres.remi@laposte.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 17:28:42 +0200
To: Wojciech Dec <wdec.ietf@gmail.com>
Cc: softwires WG <softwires@ietf.org>, Yong Cui <cuiyong@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Softwires] [Softwire] draft-ietf-softwire-map-00 does NOT reflect the consensus from the WG

2012-06-25 à 16:24, Wojciech Dec:
> The updated MAP draft does not change the MAP architecture nor its technical underpinnings. In fact there are no changes, bar editorial to the normative parts of MAP,

Having asked several times for a list of substantial evolutions from previous MAP drafts, with their justifications, and having received no answer, I see this statement as an indirect but first answer.

But it doesn't seem acceptable (*):
- AFAIK, the added 5th parameter of basic mapping rules is more than editorial
- I didn't find the equivalent of the following sentence in previous drafts: "A MAP-E CE provisioned with only a Default Mapping Rule, as in the 1:1 case, and with no IPv4 address and port range configured by other  means, MUST disable its NAT44 functionality."

=> A carefully studied list of substantial changes MAP supporters have found appropriate after the Paris meeting remains to be due.

> something that is proven by existing implementations prior to this draft supporting the current draft.

Please understand that your stating that some tests (for which we don't have detailed reports) should be considered a proof that what you say is true, is difficult to accept.
Especially if what you say seems contradicted by a verifiable fact (see (*) above).

RD