Re: [Idr] Adoption and IPR call for draft-wang-idr-vpn-prefix-orf-03.txt (8/16 to 8/30)

Aijun Wang <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn> Sun, 21 August 2022 11:13 UTC

From: Aijun Wang <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 19:13:14 +0800
Cc: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>, idr@ietf.org, Zhuangshunwan <zhuangshunwan=40huawei.com@dmarc.ietf.org>
To: Igor Malyushkin <gmalyushkin@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Idr] Adoption and IPR call for draft-wang-idr-vpn-prefix-orf-03.txt (8/16 to 8/30)

Hi, Igor:

Thanks for your comments!
If I get your points correctly, what your concerns are how to configure the per <RD,PE> quota in each PE? Actually, in practical deployment, this value will be same for each <RD,PE> tuple and can be set one default value. The reason that we provide such flexibility is that it can accommodate more deployments requirements. In very extreme situation, this value may be different per <RD,PE>, but even in such situation, the management planes for the VPN services can get such distinguished quota in advance and configure them on PE.

For the source PE information, we have proposed one “Source PE Extended Community” to accommodate the original source PE information. I think it can be used in your mentioned “core diversity pattern” VPN deployment scenarios.

Aijun Wang
China Telecom