Re: IETF 107 Standard Registration and Internet Draft Deadline Approaching

Jay Daley <jay@ietf.org> Fri, 06 March 2020 01:10 UTC

From: Jay Daley <jay@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: IETF 107 Standard Registration and Internet Draft Deadline Approaching
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2020 14:10:30 +1300
Cc: Carsten Bormann <cabo@tzi.org>, IETF discussion list <ietf@ietf.org>, 107all@ietf.org
To: Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>

Lou

> On 6/03/2020, at 1:46 PM, Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net> wrote:
>

> Jay
>
> ----------
> On March 5, 2020 7:40:22 PM Jay Daley <jay@ietf.org> wrote:
>
> > Lou
> >

> >> On 6/03/2020, at 1:33 PM, Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net> wrote:
> >>

> >> Jay,
> >>
> >> two very different points here:
> >>
> >> 1) Everyone's situation is different / unique and often more complicated than simply who is canceling. I  strongly urge you, the LLC and the iesg to have a single consistent, and public, refund policy for all.  (Either full refund for all or service charge for all).
> >>
> > I’m comfortable that our current policy strikes the right balance between an individual policy for each individual circumstance and a one-size-fits-all policy.
> >

> Can formally State / post what the policy is?. I think I heard if canceling due to the corporate policy, no refund. if individual is canceling and paying out of pocket or due to CA government action, full refund.
>
> what about cancellation due to health issues?

The special registration provisions are here https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/107/ietf107-special-registration-provisions/

If anyone has a special circumstance which is not covered but they believe it should be then they should let us know at ietf-registrar@ietf.org. If your next question is why don’t we publish that, then the answer is because people who are actually in that position do get in touch.

Jay

--
Jay Daley
IETF Executive Director